Hi!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:42:47PM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>
> >Testmail.
>
> is there really a point in keeping this mailing list alive?

Well: I hope that in some time, PortAudio (or some other solution) takes
the role of an abstraction for audio I/O, so that applications, such as
BEAST, don't need to deal any longer with different sound servers /
sound APIs.

But I am still wondering (for instance): why doesn't BEAST work with
polypaudio? Although there was a PortAudio driver for polypaudio in
development, the PortAudio CVS doesn't yet have it. The same could be
said for MAS, ESD, aRts and maybe others.

As long as I don't see PortAudio (or something else) addressing the
problem that CSL should have been addressing, I am not sure that it is a
good idea to give up CSL entierly.

PortAudio also may need additional interfaces for mainloop abstraction
and other stuff we have in CSL, but not in PortAudio.

   Cu... Stefan
--
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan