-Caveat Lector-

 from:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/031220955X/ref=ase_koreahomepage/106-70

06444-3082036
Click Here: <A
HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/031220955X/ref=ase_koreahomepage/

106-7006444-3082036">Amazon.com: buying info: The Psychic Battlefiel…</A>
-----

The Psychic Battlefield : A History of the Military-Occult Complex
by W. Adam Mandelbaum

List Price: $26.95

Hardcover - 336 pages 1 Ed edition (February 2, 2000)
St Martins Pr (Trade); ISBN: 031220955X ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.17 x 9.58
x 6.46

Amazon.com Sales Rank:  84,218
Avg. Customer Rating:
Number of Reviews: 12

Editorial Reviews
Book Description
A former intelligence professional sheds new light on the obscure
intersection of the military and the paranormal-the Military-Occult
Complex-and reveals the incredible story of psychic abilities turned into a
weapon of war by the world's soldiers and spies.

In the annals of military and espionage history there have been many strange
tales to be told, but none can match the saga of psychic espionage-the
history of the Military-Occult Complex. With the flavor of fiction, but the
foundation of fact, The Psychic Battlefield is the complete history of the
use of man's extrasensory powers in search of the information needed to win
wars-hot and cold.

The Psychic Battlefield spans the five thousand-year history of ESPionage,
from the attempted overthrow of the Pharaoh Rameses by magic to the CIA use
of military-trained psychics during the Cold War. It is a story as true as it
is incredible.

This book reveals the story of the sacred Templar skull; the Angelic
communications of John Dee, intelligence agent of Queen Elizabeth I; the
psychic stranglehold of Rasputin on the Romanovs; and the occult endeavors of
the Nazis and the Soviets.

The Psychic Battlefield contains the names and rites of the old demons of
war, contacted by military strategists in search of supernatural support. It
explains and discusses different methods of divination used by armies
throughout history, and reveals the various ways of making a soldier into a
superman.

The cast of characters includes such noteworthy names as sorcerer-poet
Aleister Crowley, author Ian Fleming, spoon-bending General Stubblebine, and
Psychic Warrior David Morehouse. In addition, the book features an exclusive
interview with top psychic spy Joseph McMoneagle.

Most remarkable of all is Mandelbaum's fascinating expos of the paranormal
research and remote viewing experiments conducted by the CIA, as well as the
real effectiveness of the government's Stargate program.

Attorney, psychic, former intelligence professional and dark-side
investigative reporter W. Adam Mandelbaum clearly demonstrates that the final
frontier of future wars and spies is the mind. Stay tuned.

The author, W. ADAM MANDELBAUM , April 11, 2000
THE BATTLE LINES ARE DRAWN ON PSYCHIC BATTLEFIELD
Seems they either love it or hate it. At least nobody's snoring! The point to
remember folks is ESP exists, and in some people it's good enough for
government work. Has been for some 5,000 years. Stay tuned!

Customer Reviews of the Day
 Disinformation with some truth, March 3, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from Salt Lake City, Utah
The only reason I give this book two stars is for the wealth of information
it contains. The "cop-out" comes in the form of Mr. Mandlebaum's contention
that if a jury didn't convict Lt. Col. Michael Aquino of Satanic ritual abuse
of children (something that is "extremely rare"), that he must therefore be
innocent. He is also pretty soft on the Freemasons. This is my personal
opinion. I hope this doesn't get me killed.

 A lot of info, but significant drawbacks, March 25, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from Los Altos
Wow -- it's impressive that Joseph McMoneagle gives this book 5 stars. Author
Mandelbaum has done a lot of research, and presents use of the paranormal by
the military in ages past well, with some good discussion of the ethics of
using psi, the validity of psi and remote viewing, and some useful comments
on how the implications of remote viewing affect our world view. But in my
opinion the drawbacks of this book severely limit it.
For instance, Mandelbaum lists as "not fact" the story by David Morehouse
that Morehouse's army helmet was hit by a machinegun round. Why is it not
fact? Because one scientist says that head trauma can't awaken psychic
experience. And because McMoneagle had a Near Death Experience (awakening
McMoneagle's psychic ability), that means Morehouse couldn't have very
separately suffered head trauma. Not only are there a number of people who
report that head trauma awakened their psychic talent, but one could also
find a number of scientists who would say McMoneagle's NDE couldn't have any
relationship to psychic ability. Why the double standard? Does Mandelbaum
really confuse McMoneagle's NDE (without head trauma) with Morehouse's head
trauma (without NDE)? How illogical to claim that one man's NDE disproves
another man's head injury! Morehouse was actually struck by a bullet; by
including such pointless attacks, Mandelbaum makes us wonder what other stuff
Mandelbaum made up.
Mandelbaum also criticizes Morehouse because Morehouse couldn't remote-view
the location of a stolen manuscript. Yet McMoneagle, in McMoneagle's own
book, says that "Remote viewing is _not_ good for locating [lost] things"
(emphasis in original). There's little dispute McMoneagle is the best; yet
Mandelbaum criticizes Morehouse for not doing something McMoneagle says can't
be done.
Mandelbaum's chapter 24 contains repeated sophomoric insults to Ronald and
Nancy Reagan. What does that have to do with the book topic? Where was the
editor?
Some editing out of personal animosity and illogic, and the removal of cutesy
and sophomoric comments, would greatly improve this book. For the person
interested in remote viewing, I'd recommend, instead, Jim Schnabel's _Remote
Viewers_ and Joseph McMoneagle's _Mind Trek_.

 The Best I've Read, April 1, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from New York
>From all the remote viewing books I have read, clearly the most informative
and entertaining is Psychic Battlefield. The density of information and the
occasional wit of the author make this a must read for paranormal fans.

 All Customer Reviews
Avg. Customer Rating:
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!
 mandelbaum book a disappointment, December 17, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from Cincinnati, Ohio
As a long time researcher and experimenter into supranormal abilities I find
this book introductory and a rehash for beginners into this field. Remote
viewing is a recent government intelligence term for an ability known
throughout history both in the western esoteric tradition and in kundalini
yoga where it is one of the siddhis or yogic powers. The people who are best
at it while not necessarily noble are unknown and their personality types
would not fit the mold of government intelligence. So Stargate never accessed
the best but did luck out in getting the late Pat Price and McMoneagle. You
can find out for free on the web that the official review of the Stargate
program did not use an overall review of accuracy, a point which Mandelbaum
tediously drives home. The accuracy fell off because the government did not
trust recruiting nonmilitary occult adepts(who probably would not be
recruited anyway) and absurdly assumed these gifts could be taught. People
are out there now trying to make money teaching what many believe cannot be
taught, but only enhanced. The late Paramahansa Yogananda writes about a man
who claimed he had this ability. Yogananda knowing that the man did not
display characterictics of awakened kundalini powers demonstrated in real
time what was occuring at a restaurant down the street,and proved to
observers that the man's attempt was imaginary. Jim Schnabel's excellent
Remote Viewers book tells the pathetic downfall of the program which
ultimately failed due to lack of talent and clout. Mandelbaum's gushy
overstatement of Joe McMoneagles' ability seems allied to his latter
revelation that he has gone into business with McMoneagle, forming Intuitive
Studies Institute. Last but not least Mandelbaum's credibility is strained
when he unconvincingly worries about the C.I.A. taking an interest in him
after Mel Riley confided that the government monitors people who demonstrate
an interest in psychic spying. Afterall, Mandelbaum reveals he was a U.S.
intelligence operative which according to public sources on the web was the
C.I.A. .McMoneagle is heavily involved with the Monroe Institute which
according to published accounts has acted in the past as a recruitment
vehicle for government psychic programs. Mandelbaum does not give necessary
information on the fate of the other psychic programs such as the NSA program
Schnabel mentions in his book. Perhaps this was the program that was trying
to monitor thought transmissions from the former Soviet Union and did its
recruitment from the American Society of Dowsers (no kidding folks).The late
Christopher Bird who was intimately involved with the dowsers was an
acknowleged ex-CIA agent.This book gives a basic overview of the field but
appears purposely vague and aimed toward finding clients for his new
business. Nonetheless remote viewing does deserve a wider audience and this
book hopefully will both set the record straight that RV does work and why
shouldn't someone make money off a rare talent?

Was this review helpful to you?

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

 Interesting but Unprofessional, November 13, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from APO, AE USA
The author presents a lot of interesting information and gives the reader a
lot of food for thought. For the uninitiated, (like myself) I think this book
is a good overview of things that you may want to later find out more about.
But the book was far from definitive. Most of his information was vague and
hinted at things more than anything else. What he does state he repeats again
and again, as if the reader can't follow these concepts. Additionally, the
author doesn't make much effort to conceal his own bias for or against much
of what he tries to documents. His juvenile attacks on Ronald Reagan make me
seriously question the maturity of the writer and doubt even more the
veracity of his "historical account". Again, interesting, and a good
springboard for further study, but not objective, definitive, or professional.
=====
 Psychic Battlefields and Remote Viewing, September 20, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from Kirwan, QLD Australia
Having been a keen observer of paranormal psychology for decades, I must say
that I found the level of information in "The Psychic Battlefield" somewhat
facile, but it none-the-less provides a valuable accumulation of data that
would otherwise have to acquired from a range of sources.
I fear that Mr Mandelbaum has on occasion let his prejudices run away with
his otherwise good sense, in that on occasion he has been willing to
demonstrate a distinct bias against the work of those whom he deems inimical
to the interests of his former employers (the CIA).
All in all an interesting but superficial book.

Was this review helpful to you?

1 of 2 people found the following review helpful:

 Interested in the Paranormal? Then read this book!, July 18, 2000
Reviewer: Melinda Leslie  from Newport Beach, CA USA
I'm a researcher of various paranormal and conspiracy related subjects. Hats
off to Madelbaum for an incredible weaving together of these seemingly
diverse topics and for making their long interconnected history make perfect
sense. He truly "gets it" and I recomend you get it... his book that is.

Was this review helpful to you?

3 of 5 people found the following review helpful:

 Poorly Rehashed Old Information, July 4, 2000
Reviewer: rudolph_x (see more about me)  from Paterson, NJ USA
This extremely prejudiced author has a sickening sense of humor. He takes a
lot of cheap shots at most of the people he mentions in his book. His
treatment of the topics covered - extremely shallow. I read half of the book
and finally go to the point where I threw it into the garbage.

Was this review helpful to you?

5 of 8 people found the following review helpful:

 A Fascinating Read, April 7, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from Portland, Maine
A long time afficionado of the history of the occult and remote viewing, I
found Mr. Mandelbaum's perspective on these topics to be refreshing and
unique. Mr. Mandelbaum's highlights the use of the occult in warfare
throughout history, enlightening the reader to better understand the way in
which the history of the occult relates back to us today.
Yes, this topic has been covered before by other writers, but it is Mr.
Mandelbaum who draws a connection between the military and the occult in a
way that has been ignored in the past. For fans of either topics, The Psychic
Battlefield is both entertaining and informative.

Was this review helpful to you?

4 of 11 people found the following review helpful:

 THE PSYCHIC BATTLEFIELD, April 4, 2000
Reviewer: Unverifiable Psuedo-Intellectual jump on the New Age band wagon and
publish a book  from Florida
The author's psuedo-intellectual assertions draws one to question his
credentials. The author boasts of unverifiable past involvement with the CIA
remote viewing program, and the Intuitive Studies Institute (a search of New
York web-sites and businesses yielded no results). A cursory study of the
work demonstrates that a few interesting facts can actually be strung
together with a voluminous amount of wording. In conclusion, this book is
pulp fiction masquerading as fact, it draws the reader to wonder if this is a
hoax.

 The Best I've Read, April 1, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from New York
>From all the remote viewing books I have read, clearly the most informative
and entertaining is Psychic Battlefield. The density of information and the
occasional wit of the author make this a must read for paranormal fans.

Was this review helpful to you?

12 of 18 people found the following review helpful:

 my thoughts, March 30, 2000
Reviewer: A reader from usa
As a coordinate and extended remote viewer trained by Dr. David Morehouse, I
looked forward to reading The Psychic Battlefield but was disappointed as I
found the book to be filled with inconsistencies. Although the early history
is interesting, I question just how much Mr. Mandelbaum understands his topic
and subjects.
For example, the author makes reference to Dr. Morehouse's book, Psychic
Warrior, and quotes him: "I felt myself rising into the darkness, I felt
blind, lost, helpless and cold." The author comments "...it is similar to
what is referred to as extended remote viewing but the majority of the RV
work does not involve out of body experiences or any such thing." Yet just a
few pages earlier, the author quotes Mr. Lyn Buchanan as saying, "You can
sometimes enter a sort of virtual reality where the things coming from your
sub conscious appear to be totally real."
As the author further describes from his conversations with Mr. Mel Riley and
Mr. Joseph McMoneagle, "I clearly saw that RV was a rather mundane appearing
procedure. It's results were sometimes amazing, but if one was to film
somebody sitting in a chair and drawing scribbles on a piece of paper and
talking into a tape recorder, you wouldn't get boffo blockbuster box office
footage." Quite true. But the author seems to forget the accurately
described, by Morehouse and Buchanan, subjective experience of the viewer. I
recall targeting an offshore oil rig after my CRV training in which I was
immediately flooded with the sensation of panic because there was no 'easy
road out of this place.' The author should be aware that some of us do
experience the sensations commonly associated with extended remote viewing
while using the structure of coordinate re