--- Nomen Nescio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I read a few old email messages I had and stumbled over some
> interesting material relating to NSA, CIA and one Michael
> Riconosciuto among other things.
> [PROMIS]

Does anyone here have a good idea of what the PROMIS code actuall does;
what its characteristics and capabilities are in terms of its function as
an aid to intellegence analysts, logistics technicians, or consultants?

I've only read vague hints and rumours concerning its implicit design
philosophy and architecture from the rare instances where it is mentioned
at all.  Yes, he code is probably classified (blah, blah, blah), but its
actual use must reveal its purpose and function to some degree.  And sure,
we know that feds and other ne'er-do-wells have a bug up their ass about
revealing sources and methods (unlike the public, who have no practical
option in that regard) so any information that does leak is bound to be
sketchy, but surely there must be _some_ accurate data available
concerning its nature, especially considering the fact that it has been
under development for two or three decades.

Regards,

Steve