Quoting Alan Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > ----- Forwarded message from Jimmy Wales <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
> > We are not looking for a perfect solution.  Yes, Wikis will be
> > vandalized.  We're prepared to deal with that, we do deal with that.
> > But what I am seeking is some efforts to think usefully about how to
> > helpfully reconcile our dual goals of openness and privacy.
>
> Wikipedia should allow Tor users to register Wikipedia nyms.
> Then they could block:
>      Tor users trying to edit without a nym;
>      Tor users trying to edit with a nym that has a bad reputation;
> and they could rate-limit
>      Tor users trying to edit with a nym that has insufficient history
>      to be classified as good or bad;
> while not blocking
>      Tor users trying to edit with a nym that has a good reputation.

s/Tor/all/g

This is an excellent summation, except that there is no compelling reason to
treat Tor-carried traffic differently than any other traffic.  Credentialing
and reputation tracking are good ideas, and should be applied universally.
--
Roy M. Silvernail is [EMAIL PROTECTED], and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT