-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of cyphrpunk
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 8:51 PM
To: Travis H.
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; cryptography@metzdowd.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Skype security evaluation]

On 10/23/05, Travis H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My understanding of the peer-to-peer key agreement protocol (hereafter
> p2pka) is based on section 3.3 and 3.4.2 and is something like this:
>
> A -> B: N_ab
> B -> A: N_ba
> B -> A: Sign{f(N_ab)}_a
> A -> B: Sign{f(N_ba)}_b
> A -> B: Sign{A, K_a}_SKYPE
> B -> A: Sign{B, K_b}_SKYPE
> A -> B: Sign{R_a}_a
> B -> A: Sign{R_b}_b
>
> Session key SK_AB = g(R_a, R_b)

But what you have shown here has no encryption, hence no secrecy.
Surely RSA encryption must be used somewhere along the line. The report
doesn't say anything about the details of how that is done. In
particular, although it mentions RSA signature padding it says nothing
about RSA encryption padding.

Is it possible that Skype doesn't use RSA encryption? Or if they do, do
they do it without using any padding, and is that safe?

CP

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) named above. It may contain
confidential information, and any unauthorised disclosure, use or
dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail and
delete this e-mail from your system.

Communications by e-mail are not subject to the same verification procedures as
paper-based communications, therefore this e-mail is in no way whatsoever
binding on the Bank of Latvia.