With the second amended complaint, we were able to add a complaint for
vicarious infringement against AOL for the,development of the Gnutella
file transfer protocol by its Nullsoft division. Gnutella is Napster
without a central processing hub.,By setting up a “sting” operation, one
of our investigators was able to track the infringement of several works
by Harlan and,Isaac Asimov using Gnutella. This presents interesting
issues regarding the responsibility for the release of software
which,effectively pollutes the intellectual property environment.

http://www.speculations.com/kick.htm