I rather like the idea of encrypting the logs on the fly and shipping them
offshore. Your offshore partner will be instructed to turn over the
logs only if you are not asking for them under duress. (A reasonable
protocol can probably be worked out. Would a court order instruct you
to lie? If so, would it be valid?)

-Declan