On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 20:18 -0700, cyphrpunk wrote:
> This is off-topic. Let's not degenerate into random Microsoft bashing.
> Keep the focus on anonymity. That's what the cypherpunks list is
> about.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I highly doubt that Microsoft is
interested in helping users of their software preserve anonymity, in
fact, evidence has surfaced to indicate quite the opposite. (GUID in
Office? The obnoxious "product activation" requirement? I'm sure there
are others.) I would say that helping others get rid of dependencies on
Microsoft products is thus advancing the cause of anonymity in
cyberspace.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>