(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: Sanhedrin 097: 6000 years

The Kollel replied:
>>However, although most authorities understand the Gemara literally, Rav
>>Shlomo Fisher once told me that [the teaching that the world will last
>>6000 years] does not have to be taken as such.<<

David Cohen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Rav Yehuda Petaya, a saintly mekubal from Yerushalayim, wrote in Minchat
Yehuda that the yomot hamoshiach will finish before the 1000 years begins,
And if we have been distressed for 2ooo years, will need a similar 2000
Years of joy, samchenu kimois inisono, before the 1000 yrs begins. He said
Since the years of moshiach were not exact chazal did not mention this
Possibility of giving an exact figure.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss