(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Chulin 002: A Tamei who performs Shechitah of Kodshim

joseph asked:

the answer you state for the Rambam why he ommitted the requirement for
the tuma who shected kodsim to say that he did not touch is because chibas
hakodesh according to Rambam is only drabunan. if that is the case then
he should be allowed to shect lcotchila.

joseph, ny
The Kollel replies:

Although the Tum'ah would be d'Rabanan, we are stringent with the Tum'ah of
Kodesh, and we make precautions that Kodesh should not become Tamei. (See
Mishnah Chagigah 3:1 for some examples.) Therefore, l'Chatchilah we will
not allow a Tamei to perform Shechitah. However, once he did, it is only a
Safek d'Rabanan.

D. Zupnik

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss