(Please include header and footer when redistributing this material.)

                 THE DAFYOMI DISCUSSION LIST

      brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
             Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: Chulin 007: The powers of evil

Rabbi Lehrfield wrote:
>>By the way, there is also a Ralbag similar to the Or ha'Chaim. He
>>explains that the reason that the friends of Daniel (it is too hard for
>>me to spell their names in English) were forced to leave the fire and
>>that they did not want to leave the fire was because they were afraid
>>that Nevuchadnezzer would harm them even though G-d had just save them.
>>(I heard the above explanation on a Rabbi Reisman tape) . <<

Jeffrey Katz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Just to add another prominent opinion which seems to be in concert with the
Ohr HaChaim, one should take a look at the Biur Halachah (Siman 218), d"h
K'gon.  In that Biur Halachah, the Chafetz Chaim, in trying to explain a
Halachah brought down by the Kaftor VaPherach, states that although
HaKadosh Baruch Hu specifically requested Eliyah HaNavi to appear before
Achav, nevertheless, Achav is considered a "Ba'al Bechira" with regard to
the life of Eliyahu and thus Eliyahu's life was deemed to be in danger.

Jeffrey Katz

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with this text in the body of the message:
unsubscribe daf-discuss