Title: Meditation: Thursday, October 2, 2003

The Catholic Calendar for Thursday, October 2, 2003
   Twenty-sixth Week in Ordinary Time
   The Guardian Angels

Scripture from today's Liturgy of the Word:
   Nehemiah 8:1-4,5-6,7-12
   Psalm 19:8-11
   Matthew 18:1-5,10

A reflection on today's Sacred Scripture:

Today, the memorial of the Guardian Angels, is a time for meditation on God's loving care for each one of his children. Most of us neglect the presence of that special angel assigned to us as children. In today's Gospel, Jesus admonishes us to cherish children because their angels always see the face of the Heavenly Father. Only Jesus Himself always beheld the face of His Father, except for that dread moment on Calvary when He felt abandoned and alone. But we, too, indirectly, through our representative, are present to the Heavenly Father. It is our Guardian Angel that constantly pleads for us in our helplessness and need before the throne of God. It is our Guardian Angel who, especially at the hour of our death, will gently free our soul from our body, and present us to the Father.

Reason enough to pray daily to our Guardian Angel, to show our love and affection, our trust and our gratitude, for his loving care. Pray to him now in that beautiful prayer:

       Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
           to whom His love commits me here,
           ever this day be at my side,
           to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen

- Msgr. Paul Whitmore (smartins at twcny dot rr dot com)

YOU CAN HELP TO EVANGELIZE THE WORD OF GOD: Please recommend our website to your friends and Catholic webmasters; it is located at http://snurl.com/dailymeds
BLOG? The meditations are also available at our Weblog: http://dailymed.blogspot.com
ARCHIVED MEDITATIONS:
http://www.abcsoffaith.com/quiet/quietplace.html
FOR ALL COMMUNICATIONS including subscribe/unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The FINE PRINT:
(c)1986-2003 The Way, The Truth, The Life. Permission granted to make reprints of the meditations or to post on any web page, except for profit.
Lives of the Saints can be seen online at: http://www.christdesert.org/public_texts/martyrology/
Holy Scripture is from the New American Bible at: http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/index.htm.
The Scripture texts in this work are taken from the New American Bible with Revised New Testament and Revised Psalms (c)1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Washington, D.C. and are used by permission of the copyright owner. All Rights Reserved. No part of the New American Bible may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing from the copyright owner.