On 23/05, Nisha Thompson wrote:
> I think adding open to the by line is a great idea! Though I'm not sure
> about open data science.
>
> open data and data science sounds fine to me.

I belive open data science means, the code / technology / algorithms
used for data science are made open (via appropriate open source
licenses), via github or personal website / blog.

open data means, the data used for analysis is made open again via an
appropriate open source license.

So combining the terms won't make sense. The two terms stand for two
different things.

Just a quick thought that most of the algorithms / technology used by
all of us are open sourced by their respective authors. If they had not
opened up their work ever, we (esp. the self-learners) would have never
learn't a thing about data science! :-)

Cheers,
ThinRhino