I am interested in looking at future trends in linear developmental
activities in India and how they may impact the integrity of wildlife
corridors. Basically, I need to do trend analysis over the past 20 years
(from 1995) and predict the kind of changes that might come in the next 5
years. For this, one of the requirements is getting historical data of
roads, railways, waterways etc. and see how they've changed over the years.
I already have the latest shapefile of these from OpenStreetMap (OSM). Is
there any opensource from where I can get this information?