There is another way too:

Long-press on a point on the map, and from the *overflow* button, select
any one option from the following:

   - Take an audio note (read aloud the boards, and record them).
   - Take a video note (record an entire street)
   - Take a photo (snap name-plates in a complex)

Later, once you reach home, use your browser and edit OSM using the notes
you made.

This is very useful to record multiple POIs along a street.
I have done this to add many POIs in Bangalore and the tourist spots I
visit.