Hi Arun,

Thanks! btw just read an amazing article about you on yourstory <3

I was looking at amenity=bus_stop on Overpass but had not seen
highway=bus_station yet. But I put a "in Maharashtra" to limit results
to within the state. See this: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/qtM
It includes even local bus stops in cities, so that muddies the data a
bit. Still, a good resource to have.. perhaps we can retrieve some of
the stops' lat-longs from it.

On crowdsourcing map based data, I just came across these:

https://blog.mapbox.com/mapping-crowdsourced-locations-with-mapbox-and-google-docs-1e1c23abe2a2
Mapping Crowdsourced Locations with MapBox and Google Docs
>> They made a custom web form to take a map location as input, and redirected
>> to google forms! Sweet! I've been wanting to have something like this for
>> ages! They've explained it all quite well, but there's no code! :< Could
>> someone find out how to make that custom web form with map input and hook it
>> up to google forms? I actually have such a form ready but need to know how
>> to submit the data collected to google forms.

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/en/app-list/crowdsource/
Story Map Crowdsource by ESRI

On 7/19/17, Arun Ganesh <arungra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are around 1,700 bus stops and bus station locations available from
> OSM.
>
> Data: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/qtd
>
> Clearly a lot more to go. Crowdsourcing atleast the bus stand locations may
> not be too hard since they are easy to spot in satellite imagery. Nikhil,
> do you know how of those in the list are bus stands vs bus stops.
>
> On crowdsourcing, there's an organized effort to map these in the US
> atleast
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapathon/US_Summer_Mapathon_2017

Cheers,
Nikhil VJ