On Windows, at this time, it seems that ActiveState has released a
binary version of DBD::Oracle.  I do not know how long it's been out
there, but I did install it tonight.  I have briefly tested this using
Active Perl 5.8.7 (build 813).

I successfully ran:
        ppm install DBD-Oracle

When the Oracle instant client license acknowledgement came up, I
selected NO, as I have an Oracle client loaded.  If you select Yes, it
starts to download the Oracle instant client.

I would suggest that people start trying the Active Perl ppm version
rather than mine at www.esoftmatic.com/DBI.  If it works, I'm going to
get out of the pre-building business.

Personally, I would also like to hear success/failure of those using the
instant client which is downloaded.

Regards,

Jeff