Patrick Galbraith wrote:
* To turn off server-side prepare statements to have emulated prepared
statements, append ";mysql_emulated_prepare=0" in the connect string or
via the driver handle.

Shouldn't that be ";mysql_emulated_prepare=1" ?

Also, I see that as of 3.0004_1 UTF-8 support has been added. I've lost count of the number of times that people (including myself) have asked for this, so it's great to see it at last. Did I miss the announcement about this? I don't recall seeing one, and it isn't even mentioned in the documentation: you have to read the ChangeLog (or the source code!) to find it.

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this
message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender
immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check
it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no