Am 13.11.2014 um 15:08 schrieb Peter Rabbitson <rab...@rabbit.us>:

> On 11/13/2014 07:12 AM, Jens Rehsack wrote:>
>>
>> Reason to keep: People continuous ask me about AnyData / DBD::AnyData and
>> send me fiddly patches hacking in the module, complain about working around
>> compat issues etc.
>> So what I currently know: every AnyData / DBD::AnyData user makes adoptions
>> to the projects.
>>

> On 11/13/2014 02:58 PM, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>>
>> Am 13.11.2014 um 14:37 schrieb Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com>:
>>
>>> My impression was that there was a risk of breaking existing users apps.
>>> If that can be avoided then great, and keeping the name would be best.
>>
>> Neither, nor :(
>> They're already broken.
>
> "everything is already broken" contradicts "people are using it and sending
> me patches". It can't be both ways
>
> It either is completely unused and nobody depends on it
>  OR
> The module is heavily customized and worked around in tons of darkpan
>
> In the later case imnsho the module needs to be left alone. See Class::DBI
> for exactly this sort of case.

I say it once again: The only way to leave it alone is to walk another way (not
touching AnyData at all).
That will result in no solution for anyone but "political correctness" guards
(sorry, I do not see any advantage in the "don't ever do this because it's
forbidden in general").

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack