From: Bart Lateur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 April, 2004 8:07 PM
To: Dennis M. Gray
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Installing dbish causing problems

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:02:36 +1000 (EST), Dennis M. Gray wrote:

>I installed 11.91 and now get this when trying to bring up ppm:
>

>D:\>ppm
>"break_at" is not exported by the Text::Reform module
>Can't continue after import errors at C:/Perl/site/lib/Text/Reform.pm
>line 43 BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
>C:/Perl/site/lib/Text/Autoformat.pm
>line 9.
>
>Compilation failed in require at C:\Perl\bin\ppm3-bin line 12. BEGIN
>failed--compilation aborted at C:\Perl\bin\ppm3-bin line 12.
>
>Anyone know what I should do next?

Yes. Something reverted the present module Text::Reform, 1.11, back to
1.10. I don't know what, but now ppm will no longer work. So I'll hack
my way around it.

Locate the Text/Reform.pm file. Make the file readable, open it in your
text editor. Check that it is indeed version 1.10. Select everything.

Next open the source from Text::Reform 1.10 on CPAN in your browser

<http://search.cpan.org/src/DCONWAY/Text-Reform-1.11/lib/Text/Reform.pm>

Select everything, and paste into your text editor, replacing everything
that was there. Save the file.

Now it's updated to 1.11, and ppm will work again normally.

--
        Bart.