On 20/10/2015 19:53, Bruce  Johnson wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble installing DBD::Oracle with the latest 12.1 instant
client?

I installed the Basic and Development IC rpm’s and the DBD installer complained it
couldn’t determine what version I had, then complained it couldn’t find demo.mk. I
finally got it to work by manually telling it what version and the path to the .mk
file (which hadn’t changed from previous versions:
/usr/share/oracle/<version>/client64…)

The various env values were set correctly, and the files were installed in the
usual place, the only difference between this time and the last time I set up a
RHEL system was I used the latest 12.1 instant client files rather than 11.2.

[root@kalendaetest DBD-Oracle-1.74-EIJTlU]# set |grep ora
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/12.1/client64/lib
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/12.1/client64
PATH=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/usr/lib/oracle/12.1/client64/bin
TNS_ADMIN=/usr/lib/oracle/12.1/client64/admin

It worked, eventually, just wondering if others have run into the issue...

I don't use an RPM based system. I download instantclient basic, devel and sqlplus zips and unzip them then point DBD::Oracle at them by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Did you download the sqlplus RPM (assuming there is one) as DBD::Oracle uses sqlplus during the install to work out what version of the Oracle client you have?

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Wetherby, UK