From: Tim Bunce [mailto:tim.bu...@pobox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:25 AM
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Cc: LAWS, MICHAEL H <ml3...@att.com>
Subject: (Fwd) DBD::Oracle quote_identifier

----- Forwarded message from "LAWS, MICHAEL H" <ml3...@att.com> -----

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:04:20 +0000
From: "LAWS, MICHAEL H" <ml3...@att.com>
To: "t...@cpan.org" <t...@cpan.org>
Subject: DBD::Oracle quote_identifier

   Hello,

   I was using quote_identifier for table names on an oracle database.

   My code uses DBI, which implements the specifics in this case via
DBD::Oracle.

   It appears to be using backticks which oracle throws an error when it sees
an invalid character.

   Substituting all instances of backtick with the double quote, from oracle
documentation,

   Causes it to work and is hopefully still more secure than not using quote
functions at all.

   Am I missing something or would this be an open or previously closed issue?

   Thanks,

   Michael Laws

----- End forwarded message -----