On 18/09/2016 12:41 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:
----- Forwarded message from "Neargarder, Keith"
<keith.neargar...@usa.gknaerospace.com> -----

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 22:16:11 +0000
From: "Neargarder, Keith" <keith.neargar...@usa.gknaerospace.com>
To: "'t...@cpan.org'" <t...@cpan.org>, "'byter...@cpan.org'" <byter...@cpan.org>, "'yan...@cpan.org'"
<yan...@cpan.org>, "'mjev...@cpan.org'" <mjev...@cpan.org>
Subject: Issues with Oracle DBD in Cygwin

   1.       after unpacking the instant client files into
c:\oracle\instantclient_12_1 (set as ORACLE_HOME)
   I do NOT have a "lib" or "rdbms/lib" subdirectory - am I missing something?
I have been using
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib and I see it and the rdbms/lib referenced
in LD_RUN_PATH but those
   directories do not exist. If it were a problem I sure would expect some sort
of error message but
   nothing jumps out at me???

If you are using Instant Client, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory
where you unzipped it.  In your case c:\oracle\instantclient_12_1

[I'm not a cygwin user]

Chris

--
http://twitter.com/ghrd