I felt during DC12 that we didn't have such things like "global" and "local"
team, and we worked as one DebConf Team, with local people working on DC
subteams, asking how things were done before, keeping some things and changing
others (IIRC), for me that was great or at least I felt that way.

Having new people every year it could be a problem if they has to think how to
do things (already done in previous DC) and not ask how to do it or read how to
proceed. I remember to read some wiki pages darst created under a DebConf
manual category, I read almost all final reports located in media.dc.o, I asked
people (I asked lot of things to darst, gwolf, moray, holger) and it helped me
a lot in how to understand how DC works and not to reinvent the wheel.

That said, one of thing we need to do is to define clear roles, powers of that
roles and procedures on how teams should work (throug manuals), we have lot of
people doing DC a long time ago so this should not be so difficult. I found
this lost in wikipage from 2013[0], did you check it?

Having just a DebConf team and not things like "global" and "local" team should
allow us to work better, to know that we are just one team with people living
in the "Debian Conference" city and people around the world and not two
"different" teams (because that's what it could happen), both (local + global
people) should have experience organizing.

Is a must for DebConfN+1 and new people to join DebConfN team and learn how
things works in DC organization, we don't need to reinvent things, we need to
ask people from previous years, dig into wiki page, repositories, that's why we
keep everything in git and wiki. IMO those procedures already exists in DC
orga, we just need to write them down.

I do believe some DebConf Chairs, DebConf elders team is needed, not by telling
DebConf team what and how to do things, but to check things are done in time
under standard procedures already stablished, to be the communication between
DebConf orga and the Debian Project. Don't think this team needs to be formed
by people from 3 past DebConf, but for people with experience organizing
DebConf and desirable with a organizing events experience background, and this
team should not have the power to "remove" someone from DebConf team, this is
automatically done by the same "problematic" member, and I don't think new
people needs approval from DebConf chairs, elders or something.

Most of the process and proposals made by madduck[1] in wiki, to me looks like
the same way DebConf has been working until now.

Regards,

[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DecisionMaking
[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/GovernanceProposal14++

--