I'm trying to customize the instalation of a debian system and am
using the debian-cd tool to create the custom cd....

I'm trying to customize the D-I process (that one you choose the
language, keyboard, perform hardware detect, do network configuration,
etc etc)... so, i'll enumerate what i did...

0 - got the debian-installer .tar.gz (version 20050317 - compatible
with the sarge distribution) and untargzipped it to a
[debian-installer] directory...

1 - tried to create a [my-distro]-udeb package and created the
[my-distro]_0.0.1_all.udeb package with dpkg-buildpackage... the only
thing it was suppose to do was to display a welcome message to the
user (I set the XB-Installer-Menu-Item to 9, so it was supposed to be
displayed before any other thing and checked the templates file, it
was all ok...)

2 - sent it to the [debian-installer]/build/localudebs and created the
debian-installer with dpkg-buildpackage.... again, it was ok....

3 - sent the directory
[debian-installer]/debian/tmp/installer-i386/current to
[my-local-mirror]/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/ (for
debian-cd)

4 - configured debian-cd (conf.sh) to get the sarge distribution
(editing the task/Debian_sarge to get the minimal set for a CD, that
is, the last include was forcd1 file)...

5 - created the CD with build.sh... it created the CD... then I booted
the CD and it didn't displayed the initial message (which it was
supposed to display when I created the [my-distro]-udeb package)...

So, what can it be? Isn't debian-cd getting this udeb I need?
I want first to customize this D-I part... after it I want to
customize the base-config and then the tasksel... I'm reading a
portuguese documentation (Como criar uma PersonalizaĆ§Ć£o Debian - CDD)
wich did very well until this part of alter the base-config and the
tasksel parts.... but first I wanted to solve the D-I problem....

Really thanks for the attention!!!!!

 Daniel