It seems since the last post, some more work got done on the Poulsbo chipset[1]
from Ubuntu folks. People have reported to get it working on Fedora 10+ [2] and
even Gentoo [3] also using the source Fedora source packages posted by Adam W.

I do understand that with Debian's strict policy this might not be an
appropriate package to be included in the repos right now but I was wondering
if somebody can throw some pointers on how to get this working on Debian Lenny
so that individual users can get their hardware working (GAM 500) using Xorg
driver if they choose to do so. For me, right now I don't care about 3D
acceleration stuff. All I am looking for is a basic Xorg driver with 2D stuff
working.

I am not a DD or a kernel hacker but I would be happy to do some trial and
error work in order to get the packages compile and install on Debian Lenny.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[1]
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-mobile/ubuntu/pool/main/p/psb-kernel-source/?C=M;O=A

[2]