> De: Josselin Mouette
> Le mardi 29 septembre 2009 à 11:37 -0700, Daniel Nicoletti a écrit :
> > > Currently, the question will simply be ignored, the frontend being set
> > > to noninteractive when there is no TTY nor display available.
> > The hard work imo will be if i start in an interactive mode (in the backend)
> > but when a question needs to popup the user loged out and i need to
> > ignore the questions..
>
> In this case, just don’t set the questions as seen, and that’s all.
> They’ll be ignored or re-asked later, depending on the case. You could
> also switch to emulating the noninteractive frontend when that happens.
Good :D

> > > This frontend would actually consist in a middleware that forwards
> > > requests through D-Bus. The real frontend would be called by the
> > > PackageKit frontend itself. You could probably directly re-use the
> > > existing Gnome frontend to show the actual dialogs.
> > Well I think it might be easy to get accepts by Upstream if
> > this was a separate app since no change in gnome or kde frontends
> > would be needed to add a strictly Debian Feature,
> > I thought of using a socket since it could be chmod to 600 for example.
>
> I was talking about the Gnome.pm frontend for Debconf.
> As for the socket idea, this is just a hack; if you’re working on a
> D-Bus-based frontend for APT, you need to use D-Bus for all
> communication.
Well the socket idea was one way to talk to debconf, I could setup an
DBus interface to debconf so that debconf frontends could talk..
I just don't want to create another one.

> > > Ugh, that’s an absolutely horrible and broken solution. You should use
> > > the --status-fd dpkg option instead.
> > hmm ok I'll investigate on how to use that in an apt-get based code..
>
> Why do you use apt-get and not libapt? Especially if you’re working on a
> C++ frontend…
I do use libapt, but I find it's docs too simple to write a whole aplication,
in the code i do:
result = DoInstall(file_descriptor);
Probably dpkg has some env var to enable this --status-fd, or
maybe this file descriptor is this ( i have to code this part.. :P )

Cheers,
Daniel.