Package: locales
Version: 2.24-11
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

frankly, I don't have a clue whether I am filing this against the
correct package or whether I would need to talk to some (which?)
upstream for this, but maybe you can point me in the correct direction
if I am wrong here.

I am a native speaker of German, living in Germany. And I do detest
software translated to German since German translations of technical
terms are often clumsy. I would therefore love having my Debian in
English, but with German punctuation, collation order, monetary and date
display setting etc.

Since an en_DK exists, but no en_DE, I usually run my systems with en_DK
and correct the few differences between Danish and German customs
manually. This is, however, getting clumsy as well.

What do I do to bring a proper en_DE locale into Debian? I am willing to
do some work by trying to give a patch and to maintain it in the future.
Please advise what to do.

Greetings
Marc