On Saturday 13 Jun 2009 19:02:13 maximilian attems wrote:
> this is due to changes of kernel-package and nobody stepped up yet
> to provide the correct hook script /etc/kernel/, see kernel-package
> docs and initramfs-tools bug report.
>
> could close away but will merge with aboves report on time..

Max,

The /etc/kernel/postinst.d/ folder contains one hook, initramfs-tools. I
suppose, you are shipping it.

I don't know why you have enabled the second check:

# kernel-package passes an extra arg; hack to not run under kernel-package
#[ -z "$2" ] || exit 0

Disabling it and doing the installation creates the initrd image properly.

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com