I am not a DD but I maintain alpine.  I wanted to ask for some advice regarding
patches to alpine.

Eduardo Chappa is well-known in the PINE (a common *NIX MUA) and now alpine (its
Apache 2.0 Licensed derivative) communities for maintaining patches that add
features and fix bugs.  I asked him if he would allow me to ship them in Debian,
and he wrote, in part, "I myself do not care what people do with the patch as
long as they don't claim ownership."

Is this adequate to put in debian/copyright and ship in a combined binary with
the Apache 2.0 Licensed program alpine?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=405762 details my attempts to
have him license his patches under the Apache 2.0 License, but I have had no
success.

Thanks!

-- Asheesh.

--
"Ninety percent of baseball is half mental."
                -- Yogi Berra