> I do not know, but mrouted was relicensed to BSD in 2003 and igmpproxy
> started in 2005 (according to year in source files). And because BSD is
> compatible with GPL, you can relicense those parts to GPL and adds your
> own GPL code to it. Then whole package can be redistributed only under
> GPL...

Of course, you can *not* do this.  Nothing in any so called ‘BSD licence’ (and
not any of them is GPL-compatible by the way) says that you have right to drop
it in favour of GNU GPL.  They are not GNU Lesser GPL or MPLv2.  When two
licences are ‘compatible’ that only means that works under them may be combined
into a single work.