Hello Dmitry,

many thanks for your answer.

Am Freitag, den 30.12.2016, 20:46 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Alexandrov:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to adopt the package xtrkcad and I have a question about the
> > license of app/tools/dirent.*.
> >
> > The license text is
> > [quote]
> >  Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
> >  documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
> >  that this copyright and permissions notice appear in all copies and
> >  derivatives.
> >  .
> >  This software is supplied "as is" without express or implied warranty.
> > [/quote]
> >
> > I found the same text at[1].
> >
> > There is "permissive" used as name. Is this the correct name of the
> > license?
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >

> > CU
> > Jörg
> >
> > [1] https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/a/atanks/copyright-6.5~dfsg-2
>
> It looks like a simplified variation on so called ‘Historical Permission
> Notice and Disclaimer’ [0][1].  It is indeed a lax permissive licence, so I
> see no problem.

Good :-)
Thanks for your comment!

> [0] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#HPND
> [1]
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/License:Historical_Permission_Notice_and_Disclaimer

CU
Jörg

--
New:
GPG Fingerprint: 63E0 075F C8D4 3ABB 35AB  30EE 09F8 9F3C 8CA1 D25D

Old pgp Key: BE581B6E (revoked since 2014-12-31).

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54470 Lieser

Threema: SYR8SJXB

IRC: j_...@freenode.net
     j_...@oftc.net

My wish list:
 - Please send me a picture from the nature at your home.