On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:29 PM, kevin anthoney wrote:

> Would we need to provide source code for all the GPL software running on the
> PC?  Assuming the answer is "yes", is there a sensible method of collating
> all the necessary source code?

Yes, you would. I would encourage you to ship source for all the
software you are shipping instead of just for the GPL software.

This command will download the corresponding source packages for all
binary packages installed on a Debian system:

dpkg -l | tail -n+6 | awk '{ print $2 "=" $3 }' | xargs apt-get source
--download-only --

I'd encourage you to take a look at this example of a device with GPL
compliance:

https://compliance.guide/pristine

I would discourage you from using the "offer-of-source" provisions of
the GPL, they have various downsides:

https://compliance.guide/offer-for-source

More here:

https://copyleft.org/