Hi Ben,

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 10:24:11AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Nicholas D Steeves <nstee...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I pushed updates here:
> >
> > https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-emacsen/pkg/muse-el.git/tree/debian/COPYING.emails
>
> That's a good record. Better than most Debian packages, I'd say :-)

Thank you! :-D

> Can you put the Message-ID field for each message in the header for the
> message? That will make it easier to refer to specific messages later.

I'd prefer not to, because Message-ID reveals what I consider private
information (IP address or client hostname) to an unbounded audience,
and I believe that this is a greater privacy violation than the
lintian warning against downloading a hyperlinked image in local
documentation.  The later only reveals private information to a single
person.  Yes, it can be argued that Debian Developers wave their
privacy by participating in publicly archived forums, like this one;
however, because the contributors chose to privately email me rather
than reply to this this thread, I have chosen to maximally respect
their privacy.

> As it is, I can say I think you need only these ones:
>
> * Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 10:15:58 +1000
>   From: Trent Buck <trentb...@gmail.com>
>
> * Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 20:24:01 -0700
>   From: Michael Olson <mwol...@gnu.org>
>
> * Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 09:57:49 +0200
>   From: Julien Danjou <a...@debian.org>
>
> > How important is this updated copyright?
>
> It's important to include explicit grant of specific license in writing
> from all copyright holders.

I included Mehdi's statement because I believe it is to the affect of
"I am pretty sure that I am not a copyright holder".  That said, is
this record sufficiently complete without digging through bts archives
to find out how to contact anyone who was involved in the NMU he
did...and then contacting them?

> > Do I need to worry about getting it into Stretch?
>
> I think it can wait until after the release, though I don't speak for
> the release team or FTP masters.

I contacted them but don't expect to receive a reply, knowing how busy
they must be ;-)

Thank you for the help,
Nicholas