> Ben Finnley <bign...@debian.org> writes:
> > Lev Lamberov <dogs...@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > while working on migration of swi-prolog package to machine-readable
> > copyright file I've stuck with two licenses, so asking for an advise on
> > how to specify these licenses (I mean what to choose as their short
> > names). I was not able to identify them or find in SPDX Open License
> > List.
>
> I think it's best to choose unique names for these unique license texts,
> because they are not clearly identical to any other.

Thanks! I'll do as you suggested.

> As another action, you might contact the copyright holders and ask them
> to choose instead a well-known free-software license text with
> thoroughly stidued effects, such as the Expat license; they would then
> need to make a new release specifying that exact license text.

Since these particular pieces of software are somewhat old (last
copyright notices are from 1999 and 2001), I don't think it will work.
E. g., according to Wikipedia, Lucert Technologies was merged with Alcatel SA
in 2006 and then Alcatel-Lucert was absorbed by Nokia in 2016. Asking
for relicense may become a quite tricky thing.

Cheers!
Lev Lamberov