On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 11:51, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:39:54AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> | (b) how to make this change to /etc/inittab as a package to be installed
> | on multiple machines?
> One character difference.  It doesn't look like inittab is in any
> package, so I don't know the best way to automatically change it on
> multiple systems.

The package I have made (which also adds a graphical shutdown image
using zgv) does this in the post-installation script ...

# change control/alt/delete sequence to halt rather than reboot
sed 's/shutdown -t1 -a -r now/shutdown -t1 -a -h now/' \
< /etc/inittab > /etc/inittab.dpkg.lenny-shutdown
mv /etc/inittab /etc/inittab.pre-lenny-shutdown
mv /etc/inittab.dpkg.lenny-shutdown /etc/inittab
telinit q

But I was hoping to find a more elegant solution.  ;-)

--
James Cameron                                     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/