Hi

On 21. 05. 2017 06:27, Michele wrote:
> I don't know if this is the best suited place for this kind of
> assistance, but I'm currently trying to create a debian .deb package
> from the official source obtained from debian repositories.
> In my case I'm trying to build openvpn, the procedure I follow is:
> apt-get source openvpn
> dpkg-source -x openvpn.xxxx.dsc
> dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc
>
> However after the whole compilation goes fine, I obtain the following
> error:

I don't know what exactly is going wrong in your case, but it is very
rare that a package wouldn't build from source. Most likely there is
something unusual about your local user or system setup that is causing
the error.

You can try building the package from a new, clean user account to see
if that makes any difference.

Another way is to use pbuilder. Pbuilder builds package in a clean build
environment in a chroot jail. Documentation is here:

https://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org/

For example, openvpn 2.4.0-5 builds fine for me with:

# pbuilder create
# pbuilder build openvpn_2.4.0-5.dsc

Best regards
Tomaž