On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Frank <zuiderd...@gmx.com> wrote:

>> If I understand what you say, only 1 version of app-configs should
>> be available in the debian repo in order for this to work.
>>

> Simply put: in any particular repository the most recent version of the
> dependency should be compatible with the most recent version of the main
> package.

In our case, the latest versions of each would be compatible.

I guess we are trying to basically pair my-app 1.0.5 with a app-configs
1.0.5 version and my-app 1.0.6 with a 1.0.6 app-config version, and so on.
(The version will probably differ a bit and won't match exactly but you
probably get the point).

In my ideal workflow, i would do the following (assume 1.0.6 is hte latest
version)

$ apt-get install my-app
This installs my-app 1.0.6 and app-configs 1.0.6

$apt-get install my-app=1.0.5
This install my-app 1.0.5 and app-configs 1.0.5

I was trying to use the control file in an attempt to pair those packages
together, which doesn't appear its possible.

Sijis