Hi,

Irssi is an IRC client using Perl for scripting. I'm trying to attach a
debugger to its embedded Perl.

I'm using PERLDB_OPTS="RemotePort=127.0.0.1:5000" to let it connect to a
socket. Running and debugging a perl script started in the "normal" way works
fine: "perl -d -e 0" connects to the socket and I can control the debugger from
there.

Now I changed irssi so that the arguments it passes to perl_parse and
PERL_SYS_INIT3 include "-d". Then when starting irssi, it connects to the
socket, and prints its usual "Loading DB routines"... "Enter h"... But when I
give any command (including "h") it doesn't respond. The irssi (and its Perl
scripts) continue to run fine.

Someone an idea of what could be going wrong?

Thanks.

Wouter.