From: Nick Hayer
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 12:23 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: re: [Declude.JunkMail] How do you use NOLEGITCONTENT and IPNOTINMX

the defs are in the junkmail manual
https://www.declude.com/searchresults.asp?Cat=109

IPNOTINMX - The IPNOTINMX test is good for helping reduce false positives. By
default, Declude JunkMail will subtract several points from the weighting
system when an email does not fail this test (which is very different from the
way a spam test normally works). WARNING: The IPNOTINMX should NOT be used to
detect spam! It will be triggered when an email is sent from an IP address that
is not in its MX record. Although this test will catch a lot of spam (perhaps
80%), it will also catch a lot of legitimate mail (as quite a few larger
mailers will send their mail through a different mail server than they use to
receive mail).

NOLEGITCONTENT - Like the IPNOTINMX test, the NOLEGITCONTENT test is good for
helping reduce false positives. By default, Declude JunkMail will subtract
several points from the weighting system when an email does not fail this test
(which is very different from the way a spam test normally works). WARNING: The
NOLEGITCONTENT test should NOT be used to detect spam! It will be triggered
Declude JunkMail does not detect any legitimate content in an email. NOTE: Some
legitimate email will fail this test, but almost all spam will fail it.

The best 'test' is a 'combo' test where it takes several unrelated tests to
fail before you wack the email w/a penalty.

-Nick

MadRiverAccess.com|Skywaves.com Tech Support
US/Canada 877-873-6482 or International +1-802-229-6574
Emergency Support 24/7: supp...@skywaves.net
General and Non-Emergency support ticket:
https://www.skywaves.com/content/secure/support_ticket.htm