Thanks for the response!

Randy A.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andy Schmidt
  To: declude.virus@declude.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:14 PM
  Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] Partial Vulnerability test failures on legitmate
email

  Hi,

  Actually, the "Partial/Fragmented Vulnerability" is one that ideally should
be left in place. I'm not certain that this test can be circumvented
individually - at least it's not on this list:
http://www.declude.com/Version/Manuals/EVA/EVA_4.0.8.asp.

  Before HTML messages and picture attachments - and consequently support for
messages that are many megabytes in size, there was a frequently used option
(specially for NNTP newsgroups, if I recall correctly), where an email software
would split a message into smaller fragments and then send each fragment was
one email.  The receiving software would look for the fragments and re-assemble
them into a single message.

  Since it prevents virus detection at the server level, fragmented messages
should no longer be accepted (and, with today's technology and size allowances,
there really is no use for it).  I have seen some devices (such as a Ricoh
Sanner/Fax/Printer combination) still have the setting to create fragments
after xx KB. And even Outlook Express can still generate fragments (see
screenshot).

  However, I've never had trouble explaining to clients (and senders), why this
option should remain "off":

  Best Regards,

  Andy