Thanks, Bryan. I am leaning toward a 10.14.1 feature release for two reasons:

1) We have at least one new feature which requires hard-upgrade.

2) The 10.14.1 release notes can serve as our announcement that we are sunsetting support for Java 8 in the next (10.15.1) release.

I have updated the wiki front page to note that we are working on a 10.14.1 feature release: https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/FrontPage.

Please use the 10.14.1 release-planning page (https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenFourteenOneRelease) to describe any additional features or important bug-fixes which you think the release notes should mention.