Hi,

I have a Servlet running under Jetty 9.2.11 which uses EclipseLink 2.6as JPA
tool. In the JPA tool I did configure the usage of the Derby Embedded 10.11.1
driver. For a fresh start of the jetty server everything works as expected.
But when I now redeploy the context config XML file after I did update the
referenced war file, derby begins to tell me that another instance did already
boot the database.
Somehow the db.lck file is not released when I close the EntityManagerFactory.

Any idea what's going on here?

How can I force the release of the db.lck file in a
ServletListener.contextDestroyed() method?

With kind regards
Thomas