Community growth starts by talking with those interested in your
project. ApacheCon North America is coming, are you?

We are delighted to announce that the Call For Presentations (CFP) is
now open for ApacheCon North America. You can submit your proposed
sessions at
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
for big data talks and
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp
for all other topics.

ApacheCon North America will be held in Vancouver, Canada, May 9-13th
2016. ApacheCon has been running every year since 2000, and is the place
to build your project communities.

While we will consider individual talks we prefer to see related
sessions that are likely to draw users and community members. When
submitting your talk work with your project community and with related
communities to come up with a full program that will walk attendees
through the basics and on into mastery of your project in example use
cases. Content that introduces what's new in your latest release is also
of particular interest, especially when it builds upon existing well
know application models. The goal should be to showcase your project in
ways that will attract participants and encourage engagement in your
community, Please remember to involve your whole project community (user
and dev lists) when building content. This is your chance to create a
project specific event within the broader ApacheCon conference.

Content at ApacheCon North America will be cross-promoted as
mini-conferences, such as ApacheCon Big Data, and ApacheCon Mobile, so
be sure to indicate which larger category your proposed sessions fit into.

Finally, please plan to attend ApacheCon, even if you're not proposing a
talk. The biggest value of the event is community building, and we count
on you to make it a place where your project community is likely to
congregate, not just for the technical content in sessions, but for
hackathons, project summits, and good old fashioned face-to-face networking.

--
rbo...@apache.org
http://apache.org/