You should take a look at "The Puppy Poster":

http://www.informationqualitysolutions.com/FreeStuff/rettigNormalizationPoster.pdf

It really covers database normalization well. It used to be given away as a freebie when you subscribed to a magazine. You should take a few hours and really go over it well.

Here are some things you need to think about

Artists and Albums often don't have a one-to-one relationship. The album may be by Lady Gaga, but it's got a duet with Tony Bennet. Similarly, a song may have multiple credited artists.

Second, depending upon how detailed you want to get, an artist may have multiple roles on a song. The two biggies would be Vocalist and Lyricist (or writer).

One of the things that makes me insane about iTunes is that the album artist will be all of the credited artists. That can make things hard to find.