Hi Ivan, hi Bernhard, all!

Am Mittwoch, den 21.09.2011, 21:20 +1200 schrieb Ivan M.:
> Hi Bernhard, all,
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Bernhard Dippold
> <bernh...@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
> > > [...]
> > In case there are no objections and no need for more discussion I'd like to
> > start the voting on Thursday (if I'll find the time...)
>
> I don't think you have to worry about finding the time since it seems
> we are already voting!
>
> +1 from me too - welcome back, Christoph!

Well, where to start?

First, thank you all for the kind "welcome back" messages. Next, it
feels very good to see all your support concerning the "Lead for User
Experience" as Bernhard phrased it.

So why might this be useful? I hope I can provide advises concerning the
cooperation within LibreOffice, since I had plenty of opportunities to
talk (or argue *g*) with people across the project. It would be good to
resolve one of the biggest issues I see so far: "knowing what is
important/needed, and turning that into visible results". But this
really needs your help ... and your questions.

Next, I hope to bring in my UX experience both from OpenOffice.org and
my day job (I'm doing that for a living, but for different products).
That includes to - together - think about what we want to achieve ...
our strategy. We have so many exciting activities at the moment (e.g.
the recent Writer changes, Björn's research work, ...). And so many good
ideas, some already a bit lost in the mail archive :-\

However, my question to Bernhard - when do we consider the voting as
"finished"? If I remember correctly, Nik summarized the for/against
votes after a few days ... assuming that everybody had a fair chance.
So, please guys, add your opinion / vote ...

Have a nice day!

Christoph

PS: We have some people visiting us ... I think I'll be online again
tomorrow.