On 18/02/11 21:03, Christoph Noack wrote:
> Hi Paulo!
>
> Am Freitag, den 18.02.2011, 18:42 -0200 schrieb Paulo José:
>> Hi Sophie, Christoph,
>>
>> I'm using the LibreOffice 3.3.0 - OOO330m19 (Build:6) and I'm didn't
>> find the issue, so I can't help.

I have just updated the Wiki Page
(http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Feedback_and_Issues)
with my findings on this issue:

Under GNOME, the quick starter icon doesn't appear to have a transparent
background. An easy way to reproduce this behaviour is to set your GTK
theme to New Wave and enable the LibreOffice Quickstarter in Tools >
Options > Memory > Enable systray quickstarter.

== Reason why this happens==
IIRC if a program uses EggTrayIcon or X11TrayIcon (or similar) instead
of Gtk.StatusIcon, the icon does not contain a transparent background.
All we need to do is change the code to use Gtk.StatusIcon (should be
relatively simple).

An image of the issue is available here
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Quickstarter-opaque-background-issue.png

Hope this helps :)