It's not a question of majority - a majority now provide a cmake option.

It is a question of dependency, PCRE must be built, PCRE must be
configured with cmake, cmake is a mandatory tool for configuring httpd
on windows, irrespective of how many times it must be invoked. brotli
is a new nice-to-have and offers three different build solutions.

If invoked for httpd, the resulting *build* may be Microsoft Solution Files,
Microsoft MSBuild Files, Microsoft NMake files and even others. It can
emit .dsp files, not that anyone would want that today :)

So arguing that utilizing cmake 'removes the studio files' misses the point.
They aren't lost, they are easily created without the hassles of cvtdsp.pl
and in a manner that can be maintained and tested by even the Unix-only
contributors.