On May 5, 2017 9:28 AM, "Jacob Champion" <champio...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 05/05/2017 01:34 AM, André Malo wrote:

> Well... It was a split-project back then (in CVS even... :-)). I'm also not
> sure we want all those jar files and stuff in the main repo. Most people
> neither use nor need it.

I don't mind having the binaries in a separate place, so much as I mind
having the text-based stuff there that's tightly coupled to the rest of the
documentation and code. What we have right now is equivalent to putting
your project's Makefile into a separate repository and then trying to make
sure it works correctly for every branch at once.

I've been similarly confused. It's obvious that the XML sources have no
context without the XSLT and build stack.

There are a couple ways we could slice this, including pulling .XML out
from all the packages which won't ship the transformations.

What I do agree with is treating build/ as an external, leveraging the same
sources (and some .jars) for the many trees we maintain.