I have been following the latest emails on retiring sub projects in Ant. I just see a proposal to retire IvyDE (the Eclipse plugin) for valid reasons (given the lack of any real activity in there). Given this, I would like to understand what the future of Ivy project itself is. I have asked this more than once previously in the dev mailing list during the past year or so and any efforts in reviving the project, which IMO has seen no real activity. I have even tried contacting some of the dev team members to try and see if I can help in any way to keep it active. But unfortunately, that hasn't generated any kind of changes. There's been no real code changes, bug fixes or any consistent help/communication when it comes to user issues.

I would like to see some official word on what the future is for Ivy itself. Is it going to be retired too? Seeing that IvyDE itself is being proposed for retirement and the only other IDE plugin is a IntelliJ one (that I know of), asking (some of our internal users) to continue using Ivy is going to be challenge. It's already a challenge to stick with Ivy build system itself given the lack of fixes/releases/responses. If there's an official word on where it stands in terms of projects goals, we can officially move to a different build system.

-Jaikiran